Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Understanding

Taking care of everything this week (so far) has made me realise a few things.

I am doing all the chores - meaning what hubby used to do previously I am doing as well. Which should mean that with hubby gone, I should be feeling more tired. But I am not. I have somehow managed to put hubby's chores into my routine so I don't really feel the burden of it. But looking at the other side of the coin, if hubby is around, I would be getting more rest. But I find I complain I am tired more when he is around. Maybe coz I nag too much when he is around. :)

Boyboy can be very understanding. I usually hear hubby complain to me that boyboy kicks up a fuss putting on his uniform. So I was dreading this week when I would have to deal with his fuss and his crying when I sent him to school. (He almost always cries whenever I sent him to school previously!) So I prepped him as this week approached. I told him he must not cry when I sent him to school coz it is only me and him and Caylee this week. He has to help me. Which suprise surpise, he has not been crying so far.

As for uniform wearing. He cried on Monday. And I reminded him kungkung told him to be a good boy and help mummy. So he put it on after much coaxing. Tuesday he also cried but I managed to talk him into putting on his uniform again. On Tuesday night, I told him I don't want to him to cry tommorrow when he has to wear his uniform. It's simply NOT NICE at all all this crying. So on Wednesday, no fuss at all. He put on his uniform without the usual preliminary "I don't want to wear this! sob sob!" I did however play a game with him while he was wearing his uniform. The game was 'dress yourself and shake it loose'. I ask him to put on his underwear himself and then do a little shake to see if it can come off. If it doesn't he has done it well. So, we shake our bum bums after the underwear, after the pants, and when his shirt is tucked in. Of course, mummy has to shake her bum bums together as well! :)

Well....to me his wearing uniform and going off to school cheerfully is a great milestone for me. But hubby will be in trouble....coz if I can get it done, he had better know how to get it done as well.

Which leaves me with this. How understanding are you?
(if you get my question.)

9 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Aww...he is such a sensible boy :) Perhaps he bullies daddy? Hmm..do you think it would work if you tell him not to kick up a fuss every morning when daddy puts on the uniform for him?

lyncpf513 said...

LOL.. i like the shake your bum bum game!

smallkucing said...

I guess Christopher "Sang seng" more as he knows Papa not around. He also become more mature and help you

Baby Darren said...

hahaha...it's a funny game to shake the bum bum to get him wear uniform. Darren used to hate the uniform too but now he is ok since every children is wearing the same attire to school.

Glad you are managing well without hubby around. Guess the reason you complain more tired when hubby is around is because of "manja" instead...hahaha...

Mummy Gwen said...

Chris is so "guai". Uh oh..good luck to Daddy. Maybe Mummy tell Daddy to play the shake the bum bum game with Chris too. And make it more fun instead of being serious and nag him huh.

Irene said...

like your funny game... shake your bum bum... cant imagine you doing that (more so, i don't know how u look) in the mornings, hehe.

on a serious note, yes i agree with you that kids understand. my kids "grew up" during my 3 maidless months, but now... well, they hv gone back to their comfort zone. sigh.

mNhL said...

Sometimes kids understand the situation but they just want to create attention.

Wah...a very creative and nice game to play with your son early early in the morning. ahah....Maybe next time I can try that too with my boy.

vialentino said...

hahaha...nice game there...funny.

Julie said...

I do agree with what you said, "If I can get it done, he had better know how to get it done as well". It's a matter of understanding our kids' acts and demand.