Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 in 1

There are 4 of us in one room now. It works out really well since all of us require air con when sleeping. But of late, I am thinking otherwise.

Reason being, my daughter is a great singer and she loves to entertain us as soon as she gets up. Which recently has been a wee bit too early NOT. If she is a good girl, she will get up by 5.30. But half the time, she is naughty which means any time between after 4 am.

And of late, she has been waking her brother too. Daddy just takes his bolster and covers his ears! hahahaha....

If it was the weekend, I would not mind as much since we would just take an earlier afternoon (although not yet even afternoon) nap.

And on some days he can be very sweet like this one time when Caylee cried, Christopher got up and a little blur, crawled over to her cot. Stroked her head and asked "Why mui mui? Why cry?" And told me after that to make milk and insisted to hold the bottle and feed her. And later patted her back to sleep.

But there are days like today when my son woke up and cried when he saw me leaving the room. Had to have a talk with him about how the weekdays are and how they are different from weekends. He did crawl back to sleep after our talk. But according to hubby, he didn't fall back asleep straight away. And later could/did not want to get up to go to school.

Told hubby its so difficult for me to jump out of bed when the girl cries now. If I do that, chances are I can get her out of the room before she wakes up anyone. I used to survive pretty well with 6 hours of sleep. Now a days I feel I still want to slumber on.

By the way....our steriliser is a goner. So, I am back to boiling bottles. 6 more months to go. What luck!
And lastly some pics of the kids in their Sunday best. Christopher put on his clothes himself with a little struggle and some help.

Christopher's new Barney utensils courtesy of Julie!

11 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Actually, once they start solids you can stop sterilising the bottles. You aren't sterilising the bowls you use to feed her right?

reanaclaire said...

so sweet of christopher.. and your girl is so adorable,Ann..

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh..what a headache. Mei Mei is so cute. Chris eat alot too huh.

mommy to chumsy said...

awww...your lil princess is so cute and adorable :)

coffeesncookies said...

must b hard on Chris w lack of sleep. Can't you sleep w Caylee instead ?

Baby Darren said...

hahaha..until today, I still couldn't figure out what is the best sleeping arrangement for everyone. My girl has been sleeping here and there...but lately she has improved a lot.

SOmetimes I just wonder, why is it so hard? How about those families with more than 2 kids? How do they handle?

Julie said...

We are in the same boat. My mom asked me to put Samantha in a different room. I don't like the idea of sleeping separately. Sleeping together make us closer. It's still ok at this moment since the room can still fit 4 of us.

mNhL said...

haha...a singer! and she really wakes up so early in the morning. Christoper is a light sleeper ya. Whenever my baby girl cries (when she was still a baby), my boy will still in his slumber land....sleeping so soundly.

Alice Law said...

Wow... she is such an 'early bird', at 4am I reckon most kids are still sleeping soundly... phew~! Pretty hard time for you and kor kor har?!

Kor Kor is such a thoughtful and caring boy, I'm sure my girl will give her lil bro a 'bish, bash bosh' on his chest if he dared to disturb her slumber!;p

Agree with Paik Ling, just wash with luke warm water is more than enough now.:) Have a great day!

andrewjune said...

ann, why not get a new steriliser? i thk it's a very good investment...you can still use it even after 6 mths...
i'm still using it till now!

chris is really a big fan of Barney ehhh?

caylee is now a big girl :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Sarah is a light sleeper too. I have to crawl down from my bed so I would not awake her once she fall asleep.