Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finding yourself

Who do you think you are?

No, I am not scolding you and this post is not targeting you. But it is asking you "WHO do you think you are?"

Do you ever feel that there is a need to define who you are? Well, not really WHO you are since you should be someone wife/husband, someone's mother/father, someone's daughter/son and defintely someone's friend. So, who you are does not really define you, does it? Those are just roles in life actually.

So what defines you? Does your talent define you. What you are good at. Does doing what you are good at define you? Getting recognition for what you do and do well most certainly feeds your pride. So, maybe what you are good at should not be what defines you. Since then you would be just slightly, if not more, egoistic/prideful.

When it comes to talent, God says to use the talent He has given you for good works. So, talent which does relate to what you do well is to be used for God's purpose.

So, God defines us. If I seek God, will He tell me who I am?

7 comments:

Alice Law said...

LOL... I'm someone who believe in myself.;)

mun said...

The question is - why the question? Is someone lost?

Mummy Gwen said...

Wuah..dont know how to answer your question leh.

Shireen Loh said...

now u got me all confused!! LOL

mNhL said...

Are you lost? hehe

That's a very difficult question to answer.

LittleLamb said...

read, Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren. *hugs*

mommy to chumsy said...

i wonder too sometimes. who am i and what is my purpose :D