Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stretching it

I thought everyone did it. Apparently I was wrong.

I have 2 friends who have been told to make a conscious effort to stretch when they get up from bed and anytime during the day. One of them is on the onset of a lumbar arthritis. I had to google that to find out what it was. The other had pain near her hip right up to her shoulder blade.

I stretch quite often. Sometimes not as soon as I get out of bed coz the baby requires attention ASAP. But I still stretch my legs and wiggle my toes while feeding the baby. And as soon as I get up again, I love to stretch on my toes right up to the 'sky'.

Even as I write this now, I feel like stretching. Maybe the word stretching as the same effect as yawning.

I read a book once that had a short piece on yawning. The short piece took about 15 minutes for an average reader to finish. It contained the word yawn in almost all its sentences making yawn appear again and again in the mind. As the article was coming to an end, it predicted that reading the word yawn so often would make you feel a strong urge to yawn. And you would actually yawn by the end of the article. And indeed I did. In fact I yawned 2 times.

So anyway, back to stretching. Do you stretch? Do you ask your kids to stretch when they get up. Reckon you should stretch now. And stretch often. Not only as a warm up before a jog or exercise regime. And do you notice babies stretch quite often?

8 comments:

smallkucing said...

I do :D

Mummy Gwen said...

I don't stretch that often. After reading this I will be stretching more..hehe. BTW, I just yawned. :P

mNhL said...

i love stretching....feel so nice. I always asked my kids to stretch too when they woke up from their sleep.

mommy to chumsy said...

yup, i just yawned after reading the first sentence. it's contagious :) i don't stretch that much...only after i have sat in front of a computer for a while :)

Alice Law said...

Huhuhu... I stretch from time to time, it has become part of my routine!;)

andrewjune said...

i stretch a lot during warming up for exrecises :) hahaha...
other than that...NOPE!

and yes, i noticed babies stretch a lot too!

Family First said...

I cant remember the last time I stretched .. is it really that important? Too late to start now?

Irene said...

hei i jus yawned le reading this! hahahahhaha. i always yawn when i see someone else does it :)