Sunday, October 17, 2010

Which exercise

If I want a quick workout at home, these days I have 3 choices.

The fastest is 20-25 times up and down the stairs. It takes me about 15 minutes and by the end of it, my heart would be racing and I would be slightly out of breath. But I would not break out into a sweat.

The other thing I can do would be to jump on my trampolin. It helps if I want to watch TV as well since I can place it in front of the TV. Try to do it for about 20-30 minutes. This gets my midrif area very itchy (due to all the flab fibrating up and down). Which is a good thing I suppose since that would mean all the blood is going to that area, possibly breaking down the fat? But I don't break into much of a sweat and I am not breathless at all and my heart does not really race.

And the last thing I can do would be to cycle on the stationary bike. I always read a book when I cycle....which means my hands are not moving as they should. But without a book I get really bored just cycling and looking at the cobwebs on the wall. I try to do this also for 30 minutes. My heart doesn't race (I don't cycle that fast) but I do break out into a sweat (dripping) after 20 minutes. So that would mean 10 minutes of real exercise sweat.

I deduce I choose my exercise depending on
1) time
2) what feeling I want to have (sweaty, heart racing, itchy skin?) and
3) what activity I want to do (TV? reading?)

Yeah....and I know outdoor exercise is always the best. But at least I try to put in some exercise apart from mopping the floor and washing the car.

I think today I will jump on my trampolin again. Got to empty my bladder before I do this. The kids have weakened my ability to hold! :)

14 comments:

mNhL said...

Doing indoor is good enough !

I don't exercise at all....a bit worrying.....

Irene said...

salute salute for excercising! i used to be excercise conscious but now maybe got infected by hubby desease or i'm jst plain lazy... getting old also... got man love me, don't bother abt body shape dy haha

smallkucing said...

you really multi tasking ah

reanaclaire said...

trampoline should be good eh.. yet to try.. dont know my legs can tahan or not.. hahhaa...

Mummy Gwen said...

Good lah you workout. I don't exercise..hehe. I actually got leg cramps when I was walking up and down the stairs in my KL home (during our holidays)..haha..since staying in JKT.

Pt - Matt said...

Trampoline is very good exercise and mainly, it can be fun! Try and keep your workouts fun so that you keep to them!

Feel free to check out my new blog dedicated to body toning: http://completebodytoning.blogspot.com/

cleffairy said...

I haven't been jumping on a trampoline since I was 9! LOL!

Family First said...

I hate exercise although I'm 100% overweight!!! I just lost the enthusiasm to exercise. And now I have started to love baking. Thats a killer right????

Shireen Loh said...

i know that house chores isn't a form of exercise. but after finishing with the girls and cooking, the last thing i want to do is go run or whatever. it is supposed to work but i just don't have the will power hehe..i know i should. i have a neighbor who is very diligent in her exercise regime..heheheh..

Baby Darren said...

wow...it's good enough..at least you exercise..so sad that I am doing NONE..except running after the kids..

Alice Law said...

LOL... I would prefer to exercise on a trampolin too! Atleast can get to watch my favourite TV!;)

andrewjune said...

you can actually watch the TV while cycling on the stationary bike...or listening to some upbeat funky songs so you won't feel so bored :)

whichever exercises you choose, the main objective is to sweat...and all your options do make you sweat.

so keep it up, ann :)

Annie Q said...

Before this, i am like you, i hardly sweat, although i go for some exercise, also can't see any sweat.

But after work out at gym for about 10 years, i sweat a lot now. LOL! Since now i have less time, i still try my very best to go twice a week to the gym. I always find that, after a good sweat i feel good and fresh.

I heard jumping on a trampolin is a good exercise.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ann, I salute you! I really do!
I never do any exercise indoor or outdoor, hehe. I am really lazy, I know:-)
But I easily get sweat and I sweat alot while doing housework.