Sunday, November 28, 2010

Buckets full of goodness!

Everyone who knows me knows I love my ice cream.

Of late, essentially after the birth of my 2nd child, I have given myself the license to wallop ice cream to my hearts content. I need to manage my stress and I better do it while I can still afford (in RM and weight) it.

I have been eating loads of Sunnyside ice cream, boxes of Bulla and some Tiptop. Christopher joins at my side especially when I buy his favourite strawberry!

And now.....I have another brand to add to my ice cream list.

BUCKETS !

I tell you the taste is out of this world SUPERB. I don't taste the mixture of water and fat (like in most of our local ice-s). I don't 'feel' the fat or the heaviness after eating (like in some flavours of Sunnyside). I don't feel just a little unsatisfied (like when I have Bulla frozen yogurt).

I just feel this is so fulfilled.

When the guy there let me taste the orange flavour, I tell you, it really was a SURE SIGN that no flavouring was added. It really tasted like orange. And was not too sweet, even mildly sour (it was a sorbet, after all). He told me: "All Vitamins intact too!"

The Belgian chocolate was smmmoooottthhhhh with just a tinge of bitterness.

And the mango was a BOOM WOW WOW in the mouth.

They change the flavours every week and we are expecting DURIAN this mid week. He says: "It will be like you are eating cold durian!".

I am so waiting for their peppermint with choc chips. He told me that peppermint is white, do you know? And so all the green peppermint ice creams that you see have colouring/flavouring.
There are of course flavours which I didn't like. BUT I still highly recommend this place if you want some great ice cream.
Per cup is about RM6+ (cheaper than Gelato). And you can take away the smallest amount for about RM19, after discount (which will have about 4 big scoops). I took away the family pack which has about 7 scoops for RM28.90.

This is a pic from their website:


There is a map to the Kota Damansara shop in their website. But for the sake of directions with landmarks, the shop is behind Subway. And Subway is in front of Tune Hotel.
They are planning to open one in Bangsar Shopping Centre soon. Also there are plans for diabetic approved ice cream (with natural sugar called stevia) and ice cream cakes.
****
Premium Buckets Sdn Bhd
38-G & 38-1, Jalan PJU 5/20B,
The Strand, Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel : 03 6142 8588 Fax : 03 6142 8488Mobile : 012-692 8869
premiumbuckets@gmail.com

Kuala Lumpur:
2nd Flr, Sooka Sentral, Jln Stesen Sentral 5, 50470KL

Petaling Jaya:
Wisma LYL, Lobby, Jln 51A/223, 46100 PJ-->

TPM:
Food Court, Enterprise 4,
Teknology Park MalaysiaLebuhraya Sg. Besi,
Puchong, Bkt. Jalil, 57000 KL

Klang & Tropicana: Opening soon!

14 comments:

eugene said...

Ice cream can help you to manage stress? i think if it does,why not to wallop a little here and there right?

MeRy said...

Ice cream..oh..i love it,the best dessert.

Small Kucing said...

The Strand...hmm...okie noted :D

Mummy Gwen said...

The way you described it really makes me drool. I love ice creams too but I control myself..hehe.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am not a big fans of ice-cream but I don't hate it too:-)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Oohhhh thanks for the recommendation! My hubs loveessssssssss ice cream to bits, but not me though. Anyway, will try the place out since it's at my doorstep!

mommy to chumsy said...

they sure look yummy but i can't have any :( gotta watch my diet....boo hoo!

ry said...

yums, bucket looks delicious!

btw justin & may yin brought a few of us to la la chong restaurant near your place, the food is sOo good!

coffeesncookies said...

great.. i'll look out for the outlet opening at Bangsar. Amber can take sorbets.

Irene said...

Wah, so "geng" ahhh, I mean the ice cream and YOU! Haha... pj i dunno where is that wisma must go check it out, kota damansara hardly there, but will note down when i do venture there... must must try after reading your post.

btw i'm looking for eggless ice cream and not so sweet ice cream, if u know any, pls msg me. thanks

andrewjune said...

only in KL?
haiyah...

Moomykin said...

Nice. will let hubs know, but don't see myself getting anywhere near a Bucket for a while.

LittleLamb said...

i like ice ceram.... but i rather jaga badan :(

BoeyJoey said...

oh... i didn't know peppermint ice cream is supposed to be white!

i used to eat ice-creams by buckets too... during my confinement when i was nursing my second baby. i know i'm not supposed to, but i can't take milk due to intolerance and i found ice-cream helped me to produce more milk :-)