Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An eventful weekend

We had GREAT plans for this weekend - Taiping zoo, Camerons etc. But I guess our two mindedness caused it all to come to naught.

Anyway, we left for Ipoh on Saturday morning after a stop by Christopher's school for the year end PTA meeting.

He is doing well in school. Joined the 3 year old class the first half of the year and the 4 year old class the 2nd half of the year. His tracing of alphabets (big and small) is good. And his numbers 1-20 is progressing well. He is also almost completing 1A of Peter and Jane.

Next year, he will be starting chinese. Thinking to maybe get some chinese books at home too so that he can practice his strokes. Anyone know where I can get them? My boy does love to do some work at home. I don't force him at all. He takes the books out himself and does it. Although when he does take it out, I do sit with him and guide him a bit.

I am not that worried with his schooling and whether he is a top student or anything. As long as he is happy learning, I am sure he will get there one day.

Back to the trip....

We had lunch at home upon my mum's previous insistence. It was a meaty affair. She bought 2 roasted pork leg (RM7 each) from the Pasir Pinji market. And stewed with mushrooms a whole pot of chicken feet (RM3 only). We were meatily satisfied. Yummy.

For dinner, hubby and I decided to find this 'Wonderful' fried chicken from Menglembu. Asked around and found the supposedly 'wai sek kai' at last.
Sure doesn't look like much of a happening place!
But anyway, tis the food that matters!

This is what we came for - the Wonderful chicken! Below shows the fried chicken, the honey roasted chicken and the fried mushrooms!

I got to say, I kinda loved the honey roasted chicken more than the fried chicken. Can't say I can fund something like this in PJ. They have the paper wrapped chicken as well but we didn't try that.

Now that we know how to get there, definitely will have to go back and try the paper wrapped chicken the next time.

Disappointedly, I got to say that is more or less all we really got out of Ipoh.

We wanted to eat the Drunken Chicken Noodle @ Kedai Kum Kee, Pasir Pinji but it was closed. Sigh.... We did eat the egg toast though. It is still yummy!

Wanted to try the char liew @ Wok with Kim, Jln Yang Kalsom but it was also closed. Someone told me it opens at night. Is this true?

And the reason why our trip was so fruitless was coz....drumroll....we were all sick!

We did visit a pead and a pharmacy though. And got to say the Tiara pharmacy in Ipoh Garden East is quite good. The flu meds we got for Christopher tasted like Ribena and was quite effective @RM5 a bottle.

Just before we left, hubby and I realised that:

1) We did not even drink white coffee

2) We did not eat Taugeh Chicken

3) We did not get to eat this goreng pisang

Next round, next round....


And finally something about Caylee....she is able to get herself into sitting position now. And is attempting to stand. She is ambitious in that she wants to stand and then release her hold. Which of course just causes her to fall down again.

10 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hey..what is this drunken chicken in pasir pinji.. can tell me where it is?? hahaha... now makes me drool...

smallkucing said...

me too drooling

Baby Darren said...

glad that you had a good weekend in Ipoh...remind me to make a trip back soon ... haha...

mNhL said...

so long did not go to Ipoh already. The fried chicken stall looks like a lot of people. Must be really yummy.

reanaclaire said...

Yes, wok with kim is opened at night, ie. a few years back.. hahaha.. nowadays i never go over.. hopefully still is.. let me check out for you one day.. :)

MeRy said...

Drunken chicken? Sound yummy...

Alice Law said...

LOL... so much to eat, my tummy is rumbling now!^-^

Mummy Gwen said...

A fruitful weekend indeed. The honey roasted chicken looks yummy to me.

P/S: Chinese is not emphasized in Gwen's preschool. she does have Chinese class once a week.

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, so adventurous :) i don't know my way around menglembu but next time i must try this chicken :D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

It has been some time I did not visit your blog and wow....Caylee is learning to stand now? Time flies...

How old is Caylee?