Monday, November 22, 2010

The Sings My Soul Special Edition by Robert Morgan

For anyone who loves hymns, the title ‘Then Sings My Soul’ brings a tune to your head straight away. And hymns are what this book is all about. Each page tells the story behind the hymn. From the traditional hymns like the title to common Christmas hymns. With Christmas coming, it sure will make an interesting topic of conversation. And as a bonus to music literate readers, the page beside contains the score of the given hymn too.

I love inspirational reading. And I wanted this book badly because nothing can be more inspirational than that which results in art/music. So, you can imagine my utter astonishment when I got the book, complements of Booksneeze, that this book had music notes I could play on my piano. And it does make me appreciate the hymn so much better knowing the story behind it. My son sits beside me at the piano learning the hymns as well. And later I sing the hymn to him at night and tell him the story as well. There are a lot of stories about strength and love from hymns. So, if you love inspiration and hymns, I really would recommend this book to you.

2 comments:

Alice Law said...

My girl loves Christmas hymns, just bought a CD for her!

What a coincident, I had also ordered to review Robert Morgan's book from Booksneeze, mine is "On this day in Christian History"!^-^

Cheers and have a nice day!

LittleLamb said...

I love the hillsong version of Then Sing My Soul.