Thursday, December 9, 2010

My(vi)'s first accident

Yes, indeed my v has now a dent and alot of scratches on the passenger side front and back.

Where did it happen? Along the SS2 main road, I was turning into Cheow Yang. The right lane was as usual lined with cars waiting for the traffic lights. So, I only had the left lane stream of cars to deal with. BUT the traffic light may be going to turn green soon, so I did not encroach into the right lane. Thus, my vision of vehicles coming was partially blocked and I had to guesstimate looking through the vehicle's car windows.

Fact 1: I really did not see any more cars coming and decided to make the turn.

Fact 2: I was turning slowly always looking on my left to see if any vehicles are coming.

Fact 3: My car was already blocking the left lane and into my required lane when I looked straight.

And then I saw at the corner of my eye a motorbike loose its balance and bang straight into my car.

Sigh.

I drove into the lane. I looked at the mirror, saw the guy fall and get up again. There was no place to park. It was pasar malam night. So I made a turn into the first lane on my left and waited there.

He arrived sometime later. I turned off my engine and waited till he got off. And I got out.

He scolded - saying I didn't bother to stop the car (as in in the middle of the road). And that I would have just ran away if not for the fact he could get up and look for me. According to him if an accident happens, you should stop right away and no one will bother if you are blocking them or not. Well....

He also argued that this is all my fault. Since he was on the straight road. It was his 'jalan' and I was the one turning. So I should have been more careful. Well.....

He told me the damage to his motorbike. Mirror part came out (not broken), front rim 'bengkok' and one part at the leg there also 'bengkok'.

I was shouting and shaking in the middle of the road like a mad woman.

Damage to me (monetary) : RM100.

After the accident, some told me:
"Aiyah, he bluff you. Why you give him so much. RM50 also too much already."
"Motorbike very troublesome. RM100 to get peace of mind is ok lah."

When hubby came home after his Motorshow, he told me he would help take care of the car this weekend. To me, if it can be polished so that it would not rust, I don't want to bother about the dents.

As for my son, he said "Why motorbike hit you mummy? You didn't bring out the gun and shoot him? If motorbike hit you next time, you tell me and I will bring gun out and shoot him, ok?"

I only thank God that he was ok (in fact I told him 'nasib baik Tuhan jaga you', which kinda surprised him that I mentioned Tuhan.) and that Caylee was not in the car when it happened. If the kids were in the car.....

10 comments:

Small Kucing said...

the road very hard to cross especially on Thursday pasar mlm.

Aiyo...if u stop in the middle of the road then create more traffic jam and might run the risk of being runover by other cars. Of course go to a safer place.

eugene said...

Ok, let bygone be bygone ok? the weekend is here,moreover your hub has promised to take care of the car,, so don't fret ya?

take care now

MeRy said...

Lucky you are fine..

Mummy Gwen said...

Sometimes it's unavoidable..accidents do happen. Just be more alert and careful next time. It's ok...just let it go..don't think too much. Most importantly no one gets hurt.

BlogReader said...

Fortunately both you and the biker are fine. Imagine it could be worse. Anyway I hope your son (although very young) knows that shooting people with a gun creates more problem than it will solve.

mommy to chumsy said...

sorry to hear about your accident. Thank God both of you are ok. Christopher is so funny and so protective of his mommy :D

Shireen Loh said...

this happened to my car too. actually saw the biker looking really sleepy, with head swaying from side to side. we could've avoided him if there wasn't a car parked at our side (we were driving along a narrow road leading to my mIL). We knew he was gonna hit us. :-(. luckily, he suffered minor bruising on his right arm and legs.

Ponytail said...

I hope you are okay now. I have a similar accident like yours before.

You are right. As long as no live is lost, everything is okay.

I too paid the motorbike RM100...haha...they were school kids, driving without helmets

Family First said...

aiyah, long time no blog-hop and you kena bayar Rm100 ... so sad. But nevermind lah. You got buy his motorbike 4D or not?

andrewjune said...

omg...a gun? hahaha...so cute of boy boy to say that hahaha...

thk God no one is hurted...i thk that's what matters...

ann, i thk men drivers love to bully us, women drivers...if our husbands are around us, they would not hv argued but compromised instead...
been there, done that!

i agree that paying them off would be a better solution :)
no point stressing ourselves over such ppl...