Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year end. New year!

As soon as Christmas is over, the Chinese New Year bash starts. Year end and the beginning of the year is one of the most exciting, I would say.

Though I wish sometimes people would take a slower pace and enjoy the season while it still lasts. After all Christmas is a 12 day thing. So, CNY can wait since that will last another 15 days anyway.

Almost everyone I know does something for Christmas. Even my colleagues and friends who are non christians. I guess everyone wants to join in the festivities leading up to the new year.

There used to be a time when new year was a significant moment for me. A time to dress up and paint the town red. Of late however, the new year has been catching me in bed with no resolution and no dramatic change.

A person is supposed to grow as the years go by, not only in age (that is inevitable) but in skills, experience, interest, both spiritually and emotionally. This transformation takes alot of wisdom, patience and will. A resolution is to be made only if it is to be kept.

But I reckon since marriage, and even more since the kids came along, the realization of things learnt and the absorbtion of the lesson to the soul cannot be done just once a year. It's everyday, every moment. The impact of it dependant on the situation.

So, as the new year approaches, I move towards it with regular steps. Steady feet above patience and a slow tongue. My resolution perhaps would be to frown less, so I don't look so stressed (as Shang, Wai Yin and Mike always says I am!), Christopher permitting.

Happy New Year to all.

Christmas is indeed pass since school starts soon. Looking forward to the passing of the chinese New Year as well. Gong Xi! Gong Xi!

psst....anyone know where to get splendid loveletters?

9 comments:

Irene said...

Very well written and I so agree with you. Frown less, smile more, happy hearts, good health and read more! : )

Happy New Year!

Small Kucing said...

Happy New year to you and your family.

Christmas not over yet , CNY barang already selling on the street lor. Looks like everything seems to be on a faster pace this coming year

Alice Law said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Ann! May your New Year resolution comes true!

p/s: Thanks for your warm thoughts that you left at my blog! Really appreciate it!;D

reanaclaire said...

Yes, Christmas feeling was instilled in us even when we were kids..
about loveletters, i always order from my cell member.. i like the taste and he is selling them for 18rm per plastic tin.. :)

LittleLamb said...

Blessed Xmas to you =)
Hope you had a good time..family bonding!

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy New Year 2011 to you and your family, Ann!

andrewjune said...

hv a blessed happy new year to you & family :)

when the kid(s) came, the celebration changed in a diff way than before hahaha...

coffeesncookies said...

Happy New Year to you Ann..
I've not made a resolution too but I'm mindful what I should do and what I should not :)
Have a great year ahead !

mNhL said...

Happy New year to you and family.