Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Untititled for lack of definition

Well...indeed it has been a LONG month since.

It was Caylee's first bout of illness and gosh was she a downer when she had her 5 day fever, nose block and hacking cough. She didn't smile and was tantrum throwing every day. She didn't let me out of her sight either.

So at the end of HER illness, with my low immune system and back to office, I caught my colleague's virus. I had a fever lasting 4 days, inflamed glands and a dry cough. Now I am nursing a conjunctivitis (which surprisingly my colleague has as well!). I have had 4 days of MC which I could not take and had to still work from home. But....well....home nevertheless, so I could still nap a bit.

Hubby has gotten Caylee's virus (or Christopher's?) and was at home with me for 1 day nursing his phlegmy cough and flu.

Yes, it has been some time since the whole family fell ill. Thank God Christopher's rate of recovery these days are much quicker. I guess all that propolis, cod liver oil, mulitivits and Vit C is doing some good. Perhaps he is also much bigger now.

Other things that have happen of late.....

Did you know Lite FM has health talk experts in their morning show? It's quite interesting. One of the days they were talking about stress management. And so happen it was the same day I was working from home and then called back to office at the eleventh hour. Gosh....indeed I was in a state of panic. They mentioned that well.....traffic jams are a part of stress and you know you can't get out of that jam, so why concentrate your energy on it? If we concentrate our energy on something more positive like music or something else rather than on the negative which is the jam, our body will not be in such a stressed state. Sounds theorietical? Well....unless you are like dying to go to the bathroom or hellraising late, I actually tried this once and found myself relaxing considerably. Anyways.....

I came across a piece that day also which I skimmed through. And this phrase kinda stuck to me. As a Christian, 99.99% of our time will be spent in Heaven. Earth is just a place where we will spent a miniscule amount of time. So, what the heck are we so caught up with worldly things for? And why be anxious? Why be fearful ? Why be stressed? Why not do good? Why not hold the tongue? What good do we get annoying the other person? Anyways......

I planned to write this post with a picture of our family medication! :) But my camera battery died-ed on me and no, I have not had the time to charge it yet. But when it comes to antibiotics, I am on a higher dosage now - Ciprobay suppposedly is needed to kill the super viruses of today!

Cheers to all. Now on to blog hopping! :) And that's what I do in between work.

9 comments:

Dora said...

Hi Ann, yeah it's fever virus/bugs everywhere out there & we gotta build up the antibiotics... I hope you get well soon & take care :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh dear...Hope everyone speedy recovery. Take care Ann. Faster get well so you can have your nasi lemak again. :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

You poor thing!!!! The bug is around. Take care!

Small Kucing said...

gosh...looks like a lot of things been happening to you and your family. Hmm..no wonder long time no post

mommy to chumsy said...

speedy recovery to everyone. glad the kiddos are better. i hate this bug that's going around. haven't gone to work for almost a week because of a sick kid. i miss listening to zak and sara and the doc.

Alice Law said...

It seems this has been a pandemic issues recently, I found a few mommies and daddy bloggers' child falling sick too!

It might be cause by the awful weather, keep well and take care!:)

reanaclaire said...

hi Ann, long time i no come here, cos my office ban from commenting liow.. by the time i reach home, sometimes no time to go blog hop..
Read yr post, a lot of kids seems to be unwell these days.. is it due to food or weather.. i wonder..
take care..

Irene said...

Hi Ann, hope all will be better very very soon. Weather plays a part, and I heard a lot of kids down with flu and fever n such. Just have to keep the fluids coming, lotsa mutivits and fresh fruits, like you said.

andrewjune said...

Ann, hv you tried Kordel's probiotics for kids? i thk they are quite good!

hope everyone's well by now!