Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan's Earthquake

I was at home with my sister when someone called her to tell her to turn on the TV to CNN. We watched LIVE what was happening to Japan.

My heart really goes out to the people of Japan. Imagine the government itself needs to rebuild the country. How much can they help their people. If this were to happen to Malaysia, how do we rebuild our lives?

We worry about which school, where to buy house etc. But if a diasaster such as this strikes us.....where to buy house? Where there is a house. What education? There is not even enough food.

If we have relatives in neighbouring areas, at least we can look to someone for temporary shelter. But what if our nearest help is an airplane away?

I talked to my colleague about this and she mentioned about the sins of the Japanese in the past and that they have what is coming.

I think generational sin and try to recall what the Bible teaches us about this. But I can't.....

What a life our kids will have. A life in the end times.

And I remember.....that our eternity is in Heaven. Philippians 4:6 comes to mind.

We have that little time on earth to do good in what ever way we can. To show God's love to others in whatever way we can. To bring up our kids, since we already have choosen to have kids, so that they can continue showing God's love to whoever they can.

For at the end, what good is a big house or a high flying job at the cost of eternity. Everything can crumble down in a second.......

I am not sure if this affects you. But I can say AT LAST I understand God's great commission (Matthew 28:18-20).

3 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

This is a very devastating news. :( I'm still in shock.

P/S: BTW, the online registration is for schools in Sel.

mommy to chumsy said...

i am saddened by this disaster. so much suffering in the world now. is the end approaching?

andrewjune said...

it affects me...whenever i read/see of the triple disasters in Japan, i was at tears...very emo.

and you're rite...no matter how big our hse/car is...it can really crumbles down in seconds...
i say live our live to its fullest!