Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conversations with Christopher...

I was a little down when my parents left after spending some 3 weeks with me. So, I told hubby in the car ont he way back from my inlaws place last Sunday night:

Me : Sigh...now poh poh no longer around, I have to do everything by myself.
C : Why mummy? What is wrong?
Me : Mummy is sad. Poh poh went back alread. Now mummy have to do everything by myself. Are you sad poh poh and kung kung went back to Ipoh?
C : Yes, I am sad too mummy. I love kung kung and poh poh.
Me : So how?
C : Never mind lah mummy. Don't be sad. I will protect you.
Me : (laugh)
C : But not all the time I can protect you mummy.
Me : Why not ?
C : Coz sometimes I am in school and you are at work mah. So I cannot protect you then.
Me : (laugh) ok. So when you are home you will protect mummy?
C : Yes. Don't be sad ok?
Me : So you will help mummy and not make mummy angry?
C : Yes. I won't (lists all the things he is not supposed to do).
Me : Ok. Promise?
C : Promise. Don't be sad ok? (put out his little finger to seal the promise).

And the other time when I was sick and having fever....

C: Mummy, you are not feeling well?
Me : Yes. Mummy is having a fever.
C: Oh...like that day I was having a fever too. And you put the cold cold thing on my head. That one not nice mummy.
Me : (smile) But it help to bring your fever down. So must put, ok?
C : Don't want lah mummy. Are you ok mummy? You didn't put the cold cold thing?
Me : Mummy already take medicine so fever will go away soon.
C : Never mind. I pray for you then you will not have fever anymore.

His prayer - God, please make mummy's fever go away so that mummy don't have to put the cold cold thing. Make mummy strong so that she can play with me. Amen.

C: Mummy feel better now? I pray already mummy will be better. Now mummy can play with me?

Sick, sick also die die must play with him.
****

As for Caylee....she's ONE today. Will be posting about her first birthday soon.

7 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

what a sweetheart he is!!! Happy birthday to Caylee!!!

Ponytail said...

Ohh! Blessed Birthday to Caylee!

Christopher is so sweet :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Birthday To Caylee! Chris is such a sweet boy. :) Hope everything is alright at your end.

Techcrazee said...

Such a nice story. Happy birthday to Caylee!!! Yipeeee, she's one :)

Small Kucing said...

Happy Birthday to Caylee

Chris really "Sang seng"(mature/responsible)

reanaclaire said...

Kids really brighten up our lives, right? :)

Alice Law said...

1st of all, wishing Caylee a beautiful Birthday! May she grows smarter, healthier and more beautiful day by day!

Wow, touched by your thoughtful boy leh.... ok(exempt the playing part, lol... kid still will be kid!)