Monday, June 13, 2011

The kids so far....and things to come

I have Glee playing in the background. Managed to get some videos converted from Youtube to MP4. And some others to MP3.

Decided some has happened and time to get it recorded. Unfortunately our use of the camera is limited these days. We have 2 kids struggling to grab it even before the pic is taken. Everything is thus blurry!

Caylee
She's a cutie pie. Her actions are so girlish they are bordering on over poweringly sweet. When you praise her, she extends her hand down and front and smiles a shy smile. When she walks around, she swings her arms up and down like she's exercising.

That day Christopher woke up from his nap and she brought his bottle for him to drink water. Waited for him to take a drink and then took it back to the table. And now everytime she is in the room, after Christopher's bath, she will grab his clothes for him to dress up. She is quite meticulous - taking shirt, pants and even underwear. If she can't find any 1 of the 3, she will attempt to open the drawer to get it.

She learns very quickly too. She doesn't just observe and see how you do it. But she understands the concept of it and tries other ways to get it done when the usual normal way is 'closed' to her. For example, opening a tin. If you hold the handle so that she cannot hold it to open the tin, she will pry the sides open with her fingers and get it opened from the sides.

She also knows what we mean when we ask her to 'throw away'. She will walk to the rubbish bin and throw it in.

She has also learnt to do a flying kiss after 2-3 times of showing her. And gosh...she gives you such a sweet shy smile while doing so.

She is also really loud. And she chuckles when we grimace over her loud singing. She chuckles so comically that we can't help but chuckle too. And then she goes over and over again.

She still LOVES to climb. She will fall and cry but then up she goes again. She sometimes knocks her head and still laughs. She has no fear. She walks into a dark room unafraid and alone.

Christopher
I am very glad that last Sunday, Christopher was good enough to sit through the entire church worship. He was a bit squirmish coz Isaac, his good buddy was around. And there were other kids as well playing in the Baby room. But this mummy made him sit quietly through worship and then some prayer before letting him off to Sunday School.

I believe kids can and should do it. Sit quietly when necesary, worship and pray with the adults. Feel the attitude of prayer, listen to things which are affecting the nation and the people. They are never too young to start praying.

And thank God when I am strict about such things - prayer, keeping quiet in church, giving tithes and being thankful, I do see fruits from Christopher.

I see him understand. I see him keeping quite for as long as the prayer is. I see him clasp his hand together and close his eyes to pray. I see him asking questions about why I raise my hands. I see him looking at me worship and praise God. I see his knowledge of the Bible slowly increase. I see him being open and responsive.

Nothing beats good character in a child.

Christopher prayed for me again last night . He has done this for me several times now. And it has never been upon request but on his own and using his own words. I feel so thankful for the person he is growing up to.

Schedule
This will be hectic times. Alot of things are happening at work (espeically at work) for me and for hubby. We literally have to sit down with our calendar to see what weekends we are doing what.

Hubby will be going away the following weekend. This weekend we are full as well with inlaws stuff. When hubby comes back in July, we will have visitors from Australia. In August, my uncle from the US will be here and staying 3 weeks at my place. In September, hubby and I will be going to Bangkok for a wedding and then I will be off to US till early Oct. November I will be giving training in Bangkok (or Malaysia). And then it will be the end of the year.

Reckon the 2nd half of the year will fly pass.

Church
Last Sunday's sermon still vibrates in my heart. It was regarding Malaysia and our need to stand in the gap for the nation. Malaysia has indeed been blessed - no natural diasasters, political crisis, religious discrimination etc. But seems we are getting too comfortable, praying only for ourselves (nothing wrong with that) and not for the nation. So the burning of churches etc. is just the tip of the ice berg of things to come when God pulls away his hand of protection over Malaysia.

And thus my increasing diligence over Christopher's prayer life.

Movie
And to end on a more exciting mode, Twillight's last saga is coming end of this year. Can't wait! :)

6 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Ann,
Thank you for your updates and I feel so happy for you, on your children's development. Caylee is indeed so cute, the way you describe it, take lotsa pictures as kids grow up too fast. Esp the no.2 and if you're not planning another child, then this is probably the last time you watch a baby grow... until maybe 20 years down the road and you take care of your grandkids, hehe.

Which church do you go to, if you don't mind sharing? Our last Sunday's sermon was also regarding Malaysia and how we are blessed with this country, and what we can do as Christians Malaysian.

You have a good week ahead... having relatives and friends over is always a blessing. You are indeed blessed!

LittleLamb said...

its also my daily prayer that Philip will grow up to be a Godly man.

reanaclaire said...

Thank God for our children.. yes.. the Kingdom of God belongs to children as such these.. my pastor always stress on our kids that they may grow up and walk according to His ways..
God Bless..

Baby Darren said...

Good summary of your kids and yourself. Wow, your schedule is really pack. But it is good to be busy.

I'm sure your 1+ Caylee is very cute as this is a good age to play with. They are learning very fast too as this age.

Christ on the other hand has shown his maturity lately. Happy for you.

andrewjune said...

yeah you hv a pretty hectic schedule!

btw, cant wait for the twilight's last saga too!

Julie said...

I still can't get Jonathan to be quiet and pray together when the congregation is praying. He tends to pull my shirt and ask me questions. If I don't reply, he will ask louder. Other than that, depending on his mood, he is quite obedient.