Thursday, July 14, 2011

The kids and some....

It has been a call to catch up week. Once in a while, I make it a point to call all my closest buddies to find out what is happening in their lives.

I found out this week that, if I feel I have it bad, there are many others who have it worse. One of my closest buddy in Penang just lost her father a few months back. Her brother's autism is getting more pronounce since the incident. And just a few weeks back, she has had to deal with a minor stroke that affected her mum.

She sounded so tired when I called. My heart really went out to her. With a part time maid and on waiting list for a home nurse, I wonder where she finds the strength to cope.

It is indeed God's providence that she left her 9-9 job and have since opened her own classes. And is doing well too. So at least finances are alright and her time is quite flexible.

Indeed.....one has to go out and talk to more people to realise how blessed we all are.

Another of my closest buddies in PJ cut me off before I could even start a conversation. This one I need to make time and sit down with a cup of tea tarik to talk to. If you know who you are and read this, make time for me Sunday evenings ok.

My other friend from KL is 7+ months pregnant. The last time I called her, she didn't even breathe a word of her expecting....so you can imagine I literally threw 'daggers' over the phone when she let it slip! I am so happy for her....after 2 years of trying.

As for the kids.....

Christopher broke 2 toys this week. One huge land rover car given to him on his 3rd birthday and his fire engine. He reported duitfully that the car was broken to his yee ma and yee cheong, since they were the ones who bought it for him. Carefull to announce that it really was by accident. And indeed, it was.

As for his fire engine....I did't know it was broken actually coz he still played with it. Actually just one side of the wheels have come off and the axil is broken so it cannot be repaired. He is 'begging' for a new fire engine now. But Atria toy shop, being near closure does not carry one big enough for him to demand.

By the way....the Atria toy/utility shop, known for really cheap China toys and all kinds of misc. will be moving to Serdang and another branch to Pearl Point. In case you want to know....

As for Caylee....

When I pretend to cry, she hits me. And no matter how far she is, she will come back to me and hit me. I don't know if she means to hit or pat and alert or....etc. But one thing I know if she wanders too far and I want her back, I need to pretend cry!

Her sense of observation still amazes me. She can spot a cat under a car across the road. If her nanny holds an umbrella, she can spot that I have one as well slipped at the side of my driver's seat.

She loves to look at people and watch what they are doing. My cousin from Australia was down last weekend and Caylee was carefully watching her 10 month old cousin cry, sit, wail, look. Pity the kiddo....he was tired out and had no patience to respond to Caylee.

Christopher ignored both of them the whole night prefering to talk to his yee cheong instead.

Well...the weekend is coming. Hope I can catch the Bon Oduri this year. Have a great one peeps!

6 comments:

Mumsgather said...

So many updates all in one post. Is it Bon Odori time again? I missed it for so many years.

ChloeRuoyi said...

The toy shop in Atria, is it the Hot Value Mart? They have 2 shops in Amcorp Mall (3rd floor and lower ground) too, if you are desperate to find a fire-engine replacement for Christopher :)

Small Kucing said...

heard this weekend Atria have Toy R Us warehouse sale.

Baby Darren said...

You are so true that sometimes we forget how lucky/blessed we are until we looked further. I just found out that my opposite neighbour, only 39 years old and suffering stage 4 lung cancer. Seeing the wife rushing in and out everyday to hospital and her mil came down to help up with her 3 children (aged 9 and twin boy aged 6) makes me feel so sad. Really thank God that we are still healthy and able to run/play with our kids and being with our family.

Mommy-yeoh said...

Sometimes we forgot to count our blessings. I have to remind myself sometimes to thank God for all belssings instead of complaining

Mummy Gwen said...

Hope you are able to find the replacement for Christopher. Cayleee hits you when you pretend crying?..that's so cute..hehe.