Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Moving to Cyberjaya

Yes.....it inevitably happened.

When hints are dropped, hints are picked up. Decisions are made way up there in the hierarchy ladder. And then just as an offside...I wonder how the staff feel?

So no matter how I would dread the commute ("we stay 2 hours away, you know! she says."). How the additional time on the road would affect my already JIT schedule. How I would now have to cook the night before and forgo my already infrequent exercise.

Did I mention my supervisors, in fact most people in New York, stay some 2 hours away? But that is really by their choice when they initially chose the job! The nearest cheap housing estate is probably Queens and if you have kids, most likely New Jersey is preferable.

Well, we more or less got the message "We don't really care how you feel. Its a management decision. Either go with it or get out." Which I am really tempted to do since HP allows work from home and free gym, as far as I know.

But I am rambling. Actually I would like to know.....how best do I get to Cyberjaya from Damansara at 7+am? And what about coming back around 4pm? Is the LDP way doable? I don't fancy paying toll of RM11.80 everyday taking the Elite.

Someone please HELP!

8 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Take the NKVE and there is a min transport allowance of RM600. Depending on level, it can go up to rm3500 just for transport.

No jam too. If in Cyber..we can meet up often :)

mommy to chumsy said...

oh dear..sorry to hear about the move. well, in NY, the highways are toll free right? or perhaps just need to pay one toll even if ppl live in NJ and commute to NY to work.
I think there is a new highway to Putrajaya/Cyberjaya but not sure of the name. It's much cheaper than Kesas. I got to ask my hubs. Leaving the office at 4pm should be ok. Take care.

Irene said...

My BIL and good friend hubby work in cybe r, it doesn't take 2 hours, about 30 minutes per way. BIL stays in setia alam, the other in sec 17.

Take care. Leaving house at 7am is soooooo early!

lyncpf513 said...

Hey, u working in HP? My sis is in HP, she resides in Bukit Rimau and seems like she don't have jam complaints....

Mummy Gwen said...

I tell you I'm really bad at road directions. Hope you figure out the shortest route to Cyberjaya from your house.

Pat said...

Going by LDP at 7 am is quite doable, you are going in the opposite direction so traffic is quite clear during that time. The only problem (small one) might be the Motorola junction where folks are trying to get to the Federal Highway.

It won't take you 2 hours :) By LDP in the morning should take you 45 minutes, while NKVE should be 35 minutes.

Coming back is trickier, coz LDP PJ side is jammed up most afternoons.

TK said...

Did you find the best way to get to Cyberjaya?

Thomas
thomask1965@yahoo.com

andrewjune said...

hope all is well...