Monday, October 3, 2011

Up the stairs in heels

I have not worn heels since 4 and a half years ago, when I became preggy with my son.

Recently, I bought myself a new pair of open toe heels.

My colleague told me that when she climbs the stairs, she only sets the flat part of her shoe/feet on the stair. In other wards, the heel is left dangling. She says it is much faster and easier to climb stairs with heels that way.

I don't know how to do that.

I have to place heel and all on the step before I feel it secure enough to put my weight down and climb. As a result I walk up the stairs really loudly and slower.

How do you climb the stairs when you are in your heels?

11 comments:

eugene said...

Hahah, I never encouraged my wife to wear high heels,I bet not too good for the whole posture kind of thing

LittleLamb said...

just get used to it. i hv been climbing stairs (purposely) instead of taking the lift.

MG said...

Just grab on to the railings for dear life. Haha.

Sasha Tan said...

Laff @ MG's comment. Yeah she is right, i used to climb using the front part of my leg only.

mNhL said...

I did what your friend did. hahaha... but must be real careful not to miss a step!

Mummy Gwen said...

You are not the only one..haha..my heels touch the steps too. *High 5* Anyway, I seldom wear high heels...I like platform or wedges more.

Shireen Loh said...

no idea really. but your colleague has got a point there. besides, less noisy too

Irene said...

What your colleague does, half foot on the stairs in heels, is VERY dangerous especially if climbing stairs in a rush. I used to wear heels, up to max 2.5inches also because I am already 5ft 6in, and would put my whole foot on the stairs. Best is just use the lift, hehehehe... no need to sweat also.

Now I am so used to flats, ever since I left my job, and heels make me tired. So all my working shoes, aahh, a few ppl happily inherited them!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Whichever way that you feel comfy and can do faster ! :)

Julie said...

I'm like you. I'd seen people like your friend. I tried to step like what you friend did. It nearly took my life away. :P

andrewjune said...

Heels are great to create a taller illusion *wink* but I only wear it during dinner functions/working time!
If I go out wif the kids, I normally wear flats!