Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Places I have tried of late....

1) Restoran Makanan Laut Wang Chiew @ SS2/103
Located in SS2 residential area, somewhere behind the Balai Bomba.
I was told it was really popular so I went early. The owner was a real friendly chap. Very mindful of the kids, to the point of telling off this Indon girl who served one dish over the head of my girl. Price wise very reasonable. I felt it a tad too MSG-ish but it could be just me and not them.

2) Blossoms Cafe, along the same row @ SS2/103
LOVE this cafe, although it is open only for lunch. We went on a Sat afternoon and had a satisfying meal with desert for less than RM30. Ordered 3 noodles each costing between RM5-7. Very home cook-ish which is GREAT for me. Tasty enough for my picky son, cheap enough for hubby and wholesome enough for me. Even my daughter had some noodles. For desert, had cakes. AND I TELL YOU....the cakes in itself is enough for me to go back there. No more Secret Recepie or whatever not for me. The durian cake we had was really good. And the ice cream is home made. Per slice costing about RM4-6. I can't tell you how excellent it is!

3) Cherry Cake Shop in PJ Old Town, same row as McD
If not for the fact that my bro in law told me about this shop, I would never have thought to enter it. It is like those olden really old cake shops. HOWEVER, their lunches are pretty good I heard. I went on a Sunday and they didn't have any lunch on a Sunday, so I can only tell you by what  have heard. They have a speciality lunch everyday so go check it out and then decide which meal you want to try. Heard their spicy lunches are really nice. Anyways.....I went there to get their lemon cheese pie RM17. LOVELY ! Sour enough and not too filling. Tried their banana loaf as well RM5 (I think). YUMMY! And bought some bread which was equally good. They have those wife pastires etc. if you ever have a longing for them which I heard are very good too.

4) Restoran Pin Xiang, Aman Suria.
Read about this restaurant from here. When we went therem it was pass 7pm and there were a few tables who had just put in their order. I was dreading it coz with 2 active kids, I hate a long wait for dinner. HOWEVER, I was so surprised that the dishes came out so quickly. Price wise was ok. Rice was served in a metal container so you can take how much you want. Which was great coz Caylee loves white rice! Very cooling place coz it is at a corner. And service was great. THUMBS UP!

5) Big Brother Restaurant & Grill, Kota Damansara
The first time I went there was during lunch. So, hubby and I had set lunch which was quite good for the price. The second time was with the kids. When I was ordering, I commented on the price being a bit too high but then when the dish came, it changed my mind. The portion was worth the price for a Western meal and there was a quality to the meal. Shared a beef burger with my son and it was really good. Hubby shared some spaghetti with the girl. Price per plate about RM20.

There are 2 more places that I am keen on trying - Joy Cafe in Taman Megah and a Organic Restaurant in BU. Will blog about that when I get around to going.

In the mean time....all you bloggers out there. Go forth and try new places. Then let me know! Cheers to good food and obedient kids.

3 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Pin Xiang's lunch is good too. They serve the chicken, char siew , siew yok rice..Do try their sesame chicken rice..Thumbs Up.

reanaclaire said...

Happy EAting! Have food will travel. hahaha.. now i m feeling sore, so cut down on food first.. but then even sick also, i have good appetite.. haha...

Small Kucing said...

thanks for the recommendations :)