Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Year 2012

Actually nothing much has been happening but I just want to remember the days to date.....will write at random as I try to recall.

House issues
I guess the main thing I did, since it is still outstanding now, is that I bought some direct on rust paint and started a mini painting project for my balcony grill. I decided to start on Saturday evening which drove my hubby up the wall coz he was scared I will fall ill standing there in the hot sun. Painted half and then half burnt told hubby "Can we pay someone to complete it for me?" It looks much better now, the half that I painted so the sense of achievement is taking over and maybe will complete the rest someday soon.

We have been house looking these days. More to keep tab on the prices of houses since our current place will be too small as the kids grow up. We still hope to maintain one guest room and hopefully I will get a store room. But a move will not be in the near future unless we see a good deal!

We also replaced the fan in the 2nd room. It was drama with that fan coz we bought an extension pole that did not fit the cover. Seemingly the new model of Panasonic and KDK fans don't have extension poles. But our kind electrician managed to find an older model of fan cover for us to use with the pole we had. And he only charged me RM35 to fix the fan. The waiting was horrible it being CNY coming and my parents sleeping in that room. Thank God for small miracles and resourceful people.

Christopher
Have been teaching Christopher dates on the calendar these days. Also trying to help him understand the concpet of yesterday, today and tommorrow. He always uses yesterday when he is refering to incidents in the past. So right now, he tries to remember to say 'last time' instead. He has been marking days off teh calendar too coz I got fed up with him asking if he needs to go to school tommorrow. But I think his mind goes blank when I get to 31st Jan and have to move to 1st Feb. Oh well....in due time.

I am still debating in my mind if I should let him go back for one week to Ipoh with my parents. He will miss one week of school but he will still be doing writing and reading in Ipoh. So, his studies will be alright. And he can eat and sleep much better in Ipoh. Just don't know if it will be a bad practice.

Started looking around seriously for a one to one Mandarin teacher for him. It will be more expensive but I want to kind of sit in during the class so that I can also learn a little bit from the teacher.

He has taken his duty as teacher to Caylee quite seriously. Once in a while I hear him telling Caylee to call him "kor kor" and he will give her a present. I actually told Caylee this one day and he overheard. So sometimes he says "Mui mui, you call mummy lah. Got present you know. Presents very nice wan."

Else he will say "Don't cry lah mui mui. You have to talk then only I understand what you want. You cry I don't know what you want."

He imitates what we say. And the sister imitates what he does! Sigh.....

On the 2nd day of CNY, I let the kids play in the pool in the afternoon. To cool them off since it was a hot hot afternoon and they were in a foul mood. They had loads of fun and I am glad they are still ok today without any runny noses. After everything was cleared up, I asked Christopher if he had fun. He said 'yes' and then he asked me back "Did you have fun too mummy?" And I told him 'no' coz of all the work to pump up the pool and after that to clean up outside and then take care of them so that they don't catch a chill. So, who is going to take care of mummy? And his hand shot up and he declared "I will take care of mummy". Awww......so he promised to be a good boy and sit quietly and watch his sister while I go take a shower. First time I leave them on their own and go upstairs. Thank God no mishaps.

Caylee
It is hilarious to see Caylee following the brother's antics. Right down to how his hand moves or whether he moves it up or down. If kor kor laughs and holds his tummy. She will laugh and hold her tummy. I also laugh and sake my head watching them.

That is when thye are not fighting. This girl really doesn't want to lose out. Whatever the brother has, she wants. And even more. But the brother has kinda given in to her. So much so I reckon the girl is taking advantage of it more and more.

She does call me "mami" when she cries. Once kor kor said she called "dadi" but I didn't hear it. She will talk in time I guess. Right now I am using song to encourage her to learn to make the right sounds.

On CNY day, I dressed her up in a red dress. Sorry....no pics. Took alot of effort and persuasion and distraction on our part to get her to leave it on and get out of the house. Even kor kor helped to persuade her to wear her dress. She really is a shorts/pants girl. But with all her climbing, I think sometimes best she wears pants. So she doesn't scrape her knee or show off her colourful diaper.

She's taking to eating rice now. Thankfully she still doesn't reject her porridge when I cook it for her. Thank God for her nanny who still cooks porridge for her. Christopher did not have such luxury of a longer nanny's care.

For CNY, Caylee drove almost everyone up the wall by insisting on trying every biscuit on the table. She was not satisfied until you gave her a taste...then she will decide if she wants another piece of not. Of course, when mummy says no, she better listen. This mummy won't give face even in public when it comes to their discipline. Pity the people around me who don't like to hear kids cry. She also tried to peel the mandarin orange herself coz I won't allow her to eat any. In the end she got some by sitting next to anyone who was eating one. And giving them some puppy look and sweet smile while pointing to the orange. This girl!!!

As for me
Before CNY, I was so in the mood to pamper myself. So, bought myself 2 pairs of shoes. One sandals at a ridiculous cost of RM40 (new arrival). But decided to just get it coz my current sandals is no good for CNY. It's black when it's supposed to be white! :) And the new one was really colourful so just went for it.

Also bought myself nail polish and decided to paint my toe nails. When the kids saw it, they REFUSED to come near me. And when my leg went anywhere near them, they would run away. Good for me coz my daughter bugged the dad for the next few hours unless she forgot I had alien toe nails. But by the end of day 1 CNY, both the kids were alright with it. The girl coz she saw kor kor touching my nails and nothing happened to him. The boy coz he at last believed that mummy painted the nails and they are not blood left by some alien. He received confirmation coz one of our relatives also painted her toe nails the same colour. So, how can it be an alien doing right? However, he asked me why I wanted to paint them and not leave them white. He says white is nicer woh! :)
That is more or less everything. We are still in the CNY mood. Right until we make our exodus to Ipoh and spend spend spend and eat eat eat the last few days of CNY. Then we will wait for March when our next big thing will be happening. And this year, I am so going to make Langkawi happen. Just trying to find the right time.

7 comments:

Mummy Moon said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you ! Hope you have a great time with your family. And Yes, make Langkawi trip happen!!

Irene said...

Hi, how old is Christopher again? I'd let me kids skip school if they are in kindy, coz when they reach primary school it's harder to ponteng. Then again, my girl will be skipping two days next week because of a holiday, hehehe... hey, your Caylee sounds like my Vic when she was a baby, greedy for food, hehehe... gong xi fa cai to you!

Ask your hubby paint the other half of the balcony... share responsibilities lor... : )

Small Kucing said...

Gonbg Xi Fatt Chai to you and your family

LittleLamb said...

Happy Chinese new year to you and family. God bless and all the best in your house hunting. If u come across of single storey, end or corner, let me know. I m in no hurry but thwt's one of my goal to move back to landed prop.

Baby Darren said...

Gong xi fa cai to you and your family.

I just returned from Ipoh and it was so hot and pack with people. Restaurants are all full and the roads are full of cars. Can't really enjoy with noisy kids too...headache..

Anyway, hope u will have a good time in Ipoh and maybe as the holiday ending soon, there are less crowd in Ipoh.

Ilona said...

Wonderful job as usually

Julie said...

I'm looking for a new place too but not until we get a good deal and strategic place.

Jonathan use "yesterday" too to refer to things in the past and kept telling me he has school today when it is a weekend/holiday. I would think it's ok to "skip" school at this age. But must reason to them. I'm not referring to skipping school because of little unwell or just-don't-fell-like-going-to-school.