Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just when I thought I survived CNY without illness.....

Just when I thought I survived CNY without the kids falling ill, both of them decide to pull a fast one with me....right after the public holidays.

It started with Christopher's 2 day bout of vomitting. He practically vomitted after every meal. And no....he didn't eat much junk so I can't even blame it on the junk. As a result he is in Ipoh as I write trying to put back on some weight.

After which on Friday evening, Caylee started developing a fever and a cough. This girl always gets a fever when she has any hint of an infection. It started dry and is fast developing into a phlegmy cough. As a result since Friday evening, she has rejected her milk. No matter what method or utensil I use to administer the milk, it fails. So....have been giving her some yogurt and cheese and a whole lot more fish to replace the protein.

And on Sunday, to make matters worse, she fell from her chair in the restaurant. It was one of those plastic chairs coz she refused to sit in her baby chair and how the h*** did I know a kid can fall off a plastic chair that way? Else I would have forced her to sit in her baby chair you would think.

She bit her lip falling backwards and the chair kinda 'softened' the impact of the fall on her head. Still she has a little red bump at the back. But the cut on her lip bled profusely. Thank God I wore red that day.

It's all swollen with some clots this morning. Poor baby did not even want to use the straw or spoon to drink some water. She has lost some weight. I can feel her ribs now. I hope the nanny will be able to get some food into her today.

And my mum just called to tell me Christopher seems to be down with a slight cough and runny nose.

Just when I thought I survived....I have be resilient and see it all through with a smile.

5 comments:

Merryn said...

:( Poor thing. Hopes that cutie pie and Christopher will get better soon...

Irene said...

Oh dear... Kids falling sick during holidays is a parent's nightmare. Vic used to fall sick just before the holiday almost every time so we decided not to tell her and it kind worked! Poor caylee, I feel the pain reading about her nasty fall. Give her fruit juice if she is not taking milk, and Scott emulsion and multivitamins. You take care too!

MeRy said...

Oh no...poor things. Hope the kids get well soon. Tkcare!!

Julie said...

Oh, no. The plastic chair again. Jon fell from the same chair while we were having our reunion lunch on the eve of CNY which causes him to loose his 2 front teeth. Still feel regreted to what had happened to him.

Kate said...

Thank !I really love to read this post