Sunday, February 26, 2012

All in a day some things can change

I was so set on this school in KL for my boy. Bought one packet of fruits to give to this aunty who willingly let us have her Indah Water bill. She didn't have the electricity or water bill in her name coz she never changed it since she bought the place.

So it was really a double bummer for me when....

Hubby called the school and the clerk or whoever it was was so 'pa pai'. Gave him a lecture about geographical distance, utility bill MUST bear parent's name etc. And when he told her we were renting, she said 'then show me your tenancy agreement'. If caretaker then how? 'Sorry....tak boleh pakai.'

On one hand, I kinda pity them. If I was really staying near this school and know of thousands of people pushing to get into this school when they have a reasonable school near their house, I think I would be rather mad too.

And I think these clerks already have a thousand answers for all kinds of reasons and excuses parents think of. In the end, they will just say 'It's up to Kementerian, not us. You just apply lah!'

So....as much as I had initially wanted to send Ah Boy to this KL school, I think I will just settle for one nearer my house. Even if we had to pull strings to get in, I think the chances of getting into this PJ school would be easier.

And well....reputation wise it still seems ok.

Already registered online since it's a PJ school. And now will go over on the 1st.

Lord....guide me in my decisions that Christopher will grow up in an environment that builds a character pleasing to You.

7 comments:

Baby Darren said...

Well, to me as long the school is ok, it is not necessary to go to the BEST school. I pity those children has to wake up extremely early or get caught in a long journey, to go to school EVERYDAY. It is mentally and physically torturing to go through the jam everyday. Quality of life is more important to me. That's my opinion.

School plays a part but family plays a more important role in bringing a child. I believe Christ will be good and smart under your guidance. Don't worry!

Ben and Shaun said...

You have already a great good start ahead for your boy by dedicating him to the Lord. God will certainly arrange for the best school for your little one.

mom2ashley said...

oh which reminds me..I have to register for my son too.
You know....the distance actually counts. As long as it's near your home and not notorious for scandals or what not, the school should be ok :) We chose a school nearby too. It's so much more convenient :)

Ben and Shaun said...

The school distance makes alot of difference for Primary One a student. I would agree to that as well.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh so which school is it Ann? trust me, you would want to consider a school that is nearest to your home. so much easier to send and pick up your child. we have no choice but to send ash to one that is very, very far from our home because we want one that is near to our office. Commuting to school and home is terrible. *sigh*

LittleLamb said...

A thought came to my mind to perhaps delay registration for P till next yr! I am equally confused too cos 1, I m worried about the system, 2, I m worried about distance 3, I m worried about coping... argh! so many worries :(

Small Kucing said...

good luck