Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dentist for the first time

First....a big thanks to all my 5 commentors from FB. And to Rachel, Barbara and Sasha for the recommendation on the dentist.

Yes, I have to agree with Sasha that a pead dentist is important for the first visit. ESPECIALLY if your kid already had to do something that day.

OK....it's my fault. I really should have trusted my instinct the first time I spotted a stain on Christopher right back molar 6 months ago. But I thought milk tooth, how bad can the repercussions be.

It's bad. Sigh...

He has a cavity that is so big it is affecting his nerves.

It all started out with him crying on Monday night and unable to sleep coz he had a toothache. Had to give him ibuprofen to stop the pain and still he woke up 3 hours later crying. Poor kiddo.

Apparently, he still has one more molar expected to come out when he is 6+ and thus the dentist cannot take out his back molar as yet so that the spacing for his teeth will not be affected.

And the adult tooth to replace this severed one will only come out hen he is like 12 !!

Oh gosh....give me a break! I have to be so careful with that particular tooth of his now till he is 12!!! That's like 8 years more!

Well....it's my fault so I have to bear the pain as well.

As for the dentist. We went to the Seapark branch since I found Sasha's blogpost on it. It's really great for the kid to be greeted with channel 616 upon arriving. hahahaha....They use the same trick of letting the kids press some buttons which they need to use later on them! And also by letting them feel the equipments they will be using like the water spray, the air spray and the sucking thing!

And he also could watch his 616 when he was sitting down in his bedlike chair. But when it really came down to business, it was the trust and the few minutes of friendship with the dentist that did the trick. Also the fact that he had stickers later as a reward!

So, right now, he has a temp filling with medication. We have to go back in 1 weeks time to put in the permanent filling if all goes well with the medication. If not.....it would be some burning of nerves to stop the pain. Please pray for him that it would not boil down to that!

It will be every 6 months to the dentist from now on. And he now GETS IT why mummy always nags him about brushing teeth and eating less sweets.

I reckon it is a good lesson to learn and maybe at a cost that is not too permanent.

As for this visit, it was RM20 for consultation and RM60 for the medication.

Smile Partner Dental Clinic
Dr. Diane Chai
B.D. Sc. (Melbourne)
Consultation Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed
After Hours: By Appointment Only
14-A (First Floor)
Jalan 21/12, SEA Park,
46300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +603-7875-0727
Fax: +603-7876-0727

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

so sorry to hear what christopher had to go through. poor boy. he did well on his first visit to the dentist eh? i think filling the tooth is scarier with all that noise?

LittleLamb said...

Same here. I m delaying his dentist visit cos I convinced myself..how bad can milk teeth be....

Guess I need to make a trip soon and make it a regular one.

Glad it sorted out for C

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh dear, it sounds serious! I think every mother would think the same, i.e. if my kid looses the baby tooth, nvm, the adult tooth will come soon but we never really think of the pain caused by the decay. I shall be more wary too.

Irene said...

Thanks.. I may need to check this Denise out myself... Hehe wonder if I get stickers too? I am scared of visiting dentist and always procrastinating.