Saturday, May 12, 2012

Christopher's learning

This year is a year of creative skills for me and Christopher.

I have started on my sketching while he has been going for art classes every Saturday.

It has been his 3rd class and he still looks forward to going. In fact in his 2nd class, he even told me I can leave him there and go off. He has no problem following the class and making new friends. Very unlike the 1st time I brought him and he voiced concern about making new friends.

I have received feedback that he always waits for instructions to do things. And if he is unsure, he will wait for teacher to help. That is my boy. He has imagination but not creativity. I am hoping the 36 classes I signed him up for will help him learn how to work out his imagination.

I paid some RM820 for his 36 classes and he got a free tiral because I signed up on the same day.

The classes usually start with a song/show/story featuring some thing and then they draw/craft things relating to that same thing. His frist craft of a kite fish was soooo interesting. So far he has also made plasticine sushi and last week a card.

There are about 4-5 students in his class but most of them are buyers of a Groupon deal and not really students. So, I am thinking this number will drop in a few months time.

I am glad he is enjoying the class. And I pray his creativity will make real his imagination and take him far into his dreams. If he can dream it, one day I pray he will make it happen.

As for me....I am still trying to find a good book on sketching. Getting there, we are.

8 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

Wow, can't wait to see some pictures of his creative arts.

Merryn said...

It's nice to spend time on something creative. It's very relaxing :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

must be a lot of fun doing this activity huh? glad to hear that he is enjoying his classes.

Small Kucing said...

its good that he is enjoying himself :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Glad to know he is enjoying his class. I need to enrol Gwen to an art class asap.

Family First said...

Bryan goes for arts & crafts class once a week too. But its just a fun class - meaning you draw what you want and do crafts as per theme given. Dad feels he is learning nothing but I think as long as he enjoys it, go ahead. Cos I dont allow scissors & pens all over the house. There he gets to do that... hahaha.

mNhL said...

Glad your boy is enjoying the class. Good to let their imagination and creativity run wild.

LittleLamb said...

quite pricey. I m still looking around. Maybe i m being too naive thinking there will be a rm50/month type of classes...;p