Sunday, July 1, 2012

Measles?

Caylee had a fever about 2 weeks ago. Hubby and I didn't think much of it, thinking it was due to her phlegmy cough and runny nose. Her fever was mild, maybe 37.3-5. It lasted for about 3 days. Then last Thursday, we noticed spot on her body. Dismissed it as maybe due to heat/haze since after being in an air con room, the spots seem less noticeable. The spots lasted 3 days, just when I was about to decide to bring her to the doctor.

While she was having spots, I myself started running a fever.

It took spots to emerge on my body before I accepted finally that Caylee was having measles and so am I!

What kind of measles this is I have no idea. We had mild fever for 3 days and spots as soon as the fever breaks. When I had the fever, I had headaches as well and body aches (a sure sign it is virus related).

So right now I am working from home coz measles is really contagious. And looking at my dots, I am thinking they should disappear by Wednesday latest.

Who would think that I would get measles again at this age and from my daughter what more.

4 comments:

Small Kucing said...

should recover around one week. May both of you have speedy recivery

Ben and Shaun said...

Hope you get well soon.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh i didn't know adults can get measles too. hope you get better soon. Has Christopher had measles before?

Family First said...

Oh dear, are you all well now? Hope I dont kena lah cos my mom told me I bmemang belum kena before one wor ...