Saturday, September 15, 2012

Heaven is so real by Todd Burpo


I got a complimentary copy of Heaven is for real by Todd Burpo from BookSneeze.

This book is about a little boy Colton who had a burst appendix and on the verge of death, he visited Heaven. He was supposedly there for 3 minutes, but time as we all know in Heaven is very different from that on earth. Upon waking up from his operation and for years later, Colton frequently surprised his parents with statements concerning Heaven. Colton’s story begs to be told and is written by Colton’s father.

When I first received this book, I was eager beyond words to start on it as I have heard so much about it. The story is told in a very simple way and although I was waiting for the bits concerning Heaven to be told, I appreciated the reason all other parts of the story had to be foretold.

From the start of the book till the end, I only put the book down 3 times. Every mention of Heaven by Colton, I found the need to narrate it outloud to my family. There were parts mentioned by Colton which his father substantiated with Bible verses. And there was one particular part Colton mentioned that I myself at 30+ years of age just learnt. It just blew my mind away!

Taking away from this book, I will look at my Sunday School ministry in new light. And like everyone who has heard Colton’s story, Heaven has indeed become so much more REAL to me as a Christian.

No comments: