Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ipoh house SOLD !

It all started with a simple reunion lunch I had with my high school friend.

Many Whats App and sms and my friend's brother decided to buy my parent's house in Ipoh.

I feel a sudden heaviness. No more 'escapes' up north for us anymore. The next time we go to Ipoh, we can't say we are going 'back' to Ipoh. But it would be a trip up north requiring planning and booking. And no more overnight stops in Ipoh before going up to Penang. No more sending my son back to Ipoh. No more knowing where to eat in Ipoh. No more biscuit shopping as and when we like. Suddenly Ipoh is becoming just another place which would soon become as unfamiliar as all the other places are.

It feels so surreal. I half wish I could stop time and let things be as it is now without consideration of burden - financially and physically (cleaning and maintening an empty house).

But it is happening. Provided of course the buyer can wait till Jan 1 before he moves in.

Suddenly my new house renovation has become urgent. Contractor has to be pushed. Work has to begin now. Decisions we have been putting off has to be made....and cast in stone/cement literally.

I feel so stressed about the situation sudenly with demands coming from all sides. Set a date, things to do, people to call. And to handle all the what ifs and if nots.

I need to take a breath and not stress myself about decisions. It will all work out in time.

4 comments:

Merryn said...

The house has sentimental values so there will be lots of fond memories and more. It will take some time to get used to the changes and yeah, it is not fun to have to book hotels and all whenever you wish to go up north again :(

LittleLamb said...

yes..everything will go as planned. cant wait to see your before and after house works.

coffeesncookies said...

it's always hard work and lots of headache to get a house up but you'll be rewarded with a comfortable home later.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

You can still go back to Ipoh and say you are going back :P I still do it till this day eventhough we stay in a hotel :)