Monday, August 5, 2013

Smart Tag

I effectively am a smart tag user now.

For the pass 6 months, I have been using touch and go only. Most of the time the touch and go lane is pretty smooth. However there were 2 incidents where there was a jam at the toll. And if I had the smart tag, I would have passed through the jam much faster.

Hubby since Day 1 I moved to Cyberjaya has been asking me if I want a Smart Tag but I always told him 'no' for silly reasons.

Reasons like 'How would I know if the battery is going to die?'. 'What if I hold the smart tag up and the bar doesn't open?' It all boils down to the fact that I don't want to irritate other drivers when I go through the smart tag and the bar doesn't open.

The first time I used it, my heart was beating so fast that I felt so irrationally silly. At the back of my mind I was like 'I am getting old if I find technology scary'.

I have used it 3 times now. Still trying to coordinate movement in that my left hand picks up the smart tag, pass it to my right hand, go through toll gate, right hand put it on my lap, left hand picks up from lap back to dashboard drawer.

And I still feel relieve when the censor goes 'tweet' and the bar opens!

Hai....ain't I silly?

3 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

This is exactly how I feel. My husband cannot understand why I am fearful.

Cynful Pleasure said...

we die die got 1 of the smart tag for my mum since she can't adjust her car well reaching T&G.. and we gave her the mat so she could leave it on the dashboard and keep it when she done with it when the car stop.. btw, you can check the balance and the battery by pushing the side button at the ST gadget.. enjoy!

Irene Yew said...

I find that getting the Smart Tag was one of our best decisions and I hope you will agree with me. Especially during festive seasons or long weekends, you can just whizz through the lane while those TNG have queue. Saves a lot of time and FUEL... now petrol so expensive its better now to be stuck in a jam while burning fuel