Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What I miss most...

That day while waiting for my daughter to finish her class at English Champ, my eye caught upon a notice on the board which made me so excited.

It was a notice to invite students to join an essay competition. One of those competitions that had a few words on how the essay should start. And then some key phrases they wanted in that essay.

My heart started to beat very fast and my head started to fill up with ideas.

Gosh, I miss that rush.

I love writing. And I love it even more when they challenge me towards a specific topic or some specific phrases. I find it hard actually to just write an essay without any particular aim. So, this kind of competitions add just the right amount of direction without making it boring, which is what the STPM/SPM english exam essays do. The Malaysian essay exams are literally a matter of filling in the blanks.

I wonder if as an adult there are any competitions like that. I don't mind that the prize is small, or nought at all. But I would love to get my creative juices flowing again.

Oh, what bliss.....what satisfaction when you pen the last full stop.

No comments: