Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Universal Studio Singapore

So, we woke up bright and early on Thursday morning, 27th November 2014.

Today was the highlight of our trip. The thing we have been looking forward to since inception of the idea. I had already pre-booked the USS tickets using the Mastercard USS promotion, thus costing the adults SGD63 per ticket.

We went to Vivo.
Had our breakfast off half-boiled eggs, bread and coffee.
Kids bought orange juice.

Then we made our way to Level 3 of Vivo City to buy the tickets for the monorail.
First stop into Sentosa Island, we alighted and followed the signs to USS.

MY OH MY!!! The rotating globe that greeted us at the turn of the corner was such a welcoming sight. I could feel my excitement heightening. And given Christmas was coming, there were some Christmas deco around as well. What a treat !!!

Then we saw the line...
Not the line for the tickets mind you.
The line....no line(S) to GO IN TO USS.
Good thing we only had to wait a few minutes before the gates to FUN opened up.
Then map in hand, we zoomed towards New York! New York!

Reading several posts before hand, I knew we had to get to the Transformer ride ASAP! So, that was where I and the kids ran to. But not before we got side tracked by the Sesame Street Spaghetti Chaser. My daughter held my hand so tight through out the ride but she was beaming from ear to ear. I was so pleased to see her barely containing her excitement.

After that we made a bee line for Transformer. Oh my my!!! That was the highlight of USS, I tell you. It was soooo fun! Like soooo fun. I was having so much fun I forgot to check on my daughter until after the ride. She looked half thrilled, half shocked. My son who was on my right was within my line of vision and he had a blast of a time. Well, Transformer is really his thing after all.

After Transformer, my sis and bro in law lagged behind. I then remembered my sis has motion sickness so the Transformer ride was not too good for her. We split up after that and they went on their own to do their own rides.

I had also read that for the Lost World rides, you will need to wear a raincoat. I brought mine and also for the kids. But my mum who wanted to go on the ride as well didn't. You will get wet on this ride especially your pants. But it was so much fun. Partly coz it's not in a black space, you can see what you will be going through but that doesn't make the fall any less scary.

There were a few rides we didn't get to go on since by 3+ it was getting cloudy and most of the outdoor rides were closed. So, by 4.30 we decided to make it back to the hotel. Just in case it really rained.

USS does indeed cater to all the needs of a tourist. Even while lining up, there were water coolers and large fans to circulate the air. Queue time was not hard to bear, the most being 40 minutes. They had several food courts serving decent food. Cost for the food was not exorbitant - without conversion. Not like Genting where even McD is more expensive.

We managed to also catch the Waterworld movie which was really quite spectacular. Not a low cost budget, not worth your while scene. But something I can go Wow! to.

USS is actually not very big. We could actually cover the whole USS and would have managed all the rides if not for the cloudy weather. But in a way the clouds made the whole experience easier to bear since there was no hot sun.

There are many merchandise to buy depending on which gift shop you patronize in USS. LIke the one near Madagascar will have Madagascar USS related items. I bought a T for SGD 24 but poor hubby couldn't find any T that was reasonable enough to buy. Kids didn't whine at all for any gift. Caylee had simple fun playing bubbles by Sesame Street.

At the end of USS, all I can say was the boy had cramps, the girl was dead tired she could actually sleep while standing. Boy and I had dinner in the hotel that night due to his leg cramps. Girl and family went to Lau Pat Sat. Strange that I didn't mind at all the fact that I had dinner in the hotel. I cherished the time I could sit with my son alone to talk and eat. And after that we went up to the room and we sat in bed together and watched TV.

My lesson before I went to Singapore to be content in every moment seems not so hard to do at all. And learning to be content in the moment really makes the moment utter bliss. Life gets so much easier when you clear the expectations, dismiss the disappointments and be just OK with where you are and what you are doing now.

I loved USS and the memories I built with my kids there. From holding their hands and running the streets towards Transformer. From jumping high and catching bubbles with Caylee. From sitting down and massaging their feet. Even from the selfies we took of backgrounds that thrill us! Such is what I look for, to create holiday memories that the kids will be able to remember and then smile.

No comments: