Sunday, July 26, 2015

A weekend of investments

I did want to say that it was an expensive weekend initially. But then, everything should be viewed as half full. So, in that light, I will go with the term investments.

First one was done after some deliberation.

You see, I was always known as the anti-Apple one. In a crowd of 5, I would be the only one pro Android. Not so much that I knew so much about the technology but well, I always fought for the under dogs. And the picture they painted of an Android was too extreme, most of the time. I mean, Apple must have some faults apart from just battery issues right?

So, when my Samsung started crashing on me, making me almost late for my son's school 3 times in a row, I decided since I was going to change my phone, let me try an iphone once in my lifetime. Just to really know how 'good' an Apple product really is. Also, I was trying to shed off being stubborn about things - you know an Android-always-an-Android mentality.

So, 1 hour later, I was MYR 2,800 poorer and 2 years bounded by Digi on the MYR78 plan. Moving from Android to Apple is a pain but so far I am loving how fast the phone is working in my hands. On the positive note, there were 2 calendar apps which I managed to download where I could restore the data through the App from my Android to my iphone.

I am still calling my phone an Apple and not an iphone. And I have come to realize a phone is really just a phone to me. All I need from it is stability and storage. Seriously, I was not that excited when I was buying the phone.

Second investment was also done after much encouragement.

Hubby is learning swimming. He has signed up for the MYR2000 course with Swimin12 and will learn EJ's marvelous techniques up to freestyle level. I am glad after his first trial lesson hubby was super tired but super excited for his next lesson! Soon we will be swimming together as a family!

Third investment was on some skincare and hair care that I have been looking for.

Costing less - MYR148, I got myself Aloe Vera + Olive Oil cleanser (it was marketed for body but I am using it for my face), Water Gel Aloe Vera which leaves a layer of water which hydrates the skin after usage. I reckon a night cream off the shelf cost almost the same. So, an organic aloe lotion for my night regime seems reasonable. And a conditioner which I bought simply coz it smells great and well, my long hair could do with some intense moisture once in a while.

So, the weekend set me back MYR 5000 but the first 2 is really an investment after all.

No comments: